Peer Support Centre Supervisor Internship
Purpose of the USC Internship Program
To develop a meaningful relationship between students and USC staff in order to promote mutual learning and experience.
The Peer Support Centre Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the day to day affairs of the Peer Support Centre space. This includes supervision of all centre volunteers, updating resources available to students, and collecting feedback regarding community concerns to report to the VP Internal. They will also provide administrative support to coordinators and their teams on a day to day basis, with organization of office hours, meeting spaces, and support group needs. This individual will act in accordance with all USC and UWO policies.
1. General Responsibilities
- Support the mandate of the Vice-President Internal and Services Coordinators to offer high-quality support services to undergraduate students at Western.
- Ensure that, as per the mandate of the space, all student groups feel welcome and included in the space, and that services and campaigns are maximizing the use of the Centre space, providing support when needed
- Follow and actively promote and implement the Peer Support Centre’s Safer Space Policy
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the USC Peer Support Centre and Peer Phone Line
2. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment, training and engagement of Peer Support Centre volunteers
- Build and maintain relationships with volunteers, building commitment and support of volunteers to the Peer Support Centre
- Prepare the volunteer schedules
- Give verbal and written feedback to volunteers regarding their performance
- Complete volunteer surveys and organize volunteer appreciation events
3. Advocacy and Outreach Responsibilities
- Advocate for Service needs within the context of the Centre and the USC
Provide regular updates to Vice President Internal
- Work with the USC and departments to actively bring awareness to the Peer Support Centre and its mandate
- Responsible for completing a Peer Support Centre Needs Assessment, as requested by the Vice President Internal
- Manage Peer Support Centre communication channels: website, social media, newsletter etc
- Organize Peer Support Centre events, initiatives and awareness activities to support the wellbeing of students, and increase awareness of the Centre, services and student issues on and off campus
- Strong communication, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a community based organization/role.
- Must demonstrate a positive, inclusive attitude, superb interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Windows based software
- Must be a current enrolled UWO student
$14/hour, 10-15 hours/week
Tentative Start Date: Beginning of August 2013
Please forward resume for review by April 19th, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Human Resources Generalist
University Students’ Council of The University of Western Ontario
Room 340, UCC Bldg
London, ON N6A 3K7
FAX: (519) 661-2094
The University Students’ Council of the University of Western Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
For a copy of the safer space policy see this PSC website link: