USC Executive selected as 2013-2014 OUSA President

The University Students’ Council (USC) is proud to announce that incoming Vice President External, Amir Eftekharpour, has been selected as the 2013-2014 Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) President.

OUSA represents the interests of over 140,000 professional and undergraduate full-time and part-time students across eight universities in Ontario. OUSA’s mission and mandate is to lobby the provincial government for accessible, affordable, accountable, and high quality post-secondary education in Ontario.

Being an executive member of OUSA has its advantages, as Eftekharpour will have an enhanced insight into the post-secondary education issues in Ontario. This will also strengthen the University Students’ Council’s internal lobbying position as the student voice on Western’s undergraduate educational priorities.

“I’m honoured to have been elected to lead OUSA. I am excited to bring a provincial scope of vision to the USC and students at Western. I’m looking forward to engaging with the rest of the USC executive, council and students to learn how I can best serve them in this role,” stated USC Vice President External elect Amir Eftekharpour.

USC President elect, Patrick Whelan explains, “I am extremely excited to see Amir take on the OUSA presidency, he will be an excellent advocate to the government of Ontario.”

OUSA’s website provides a summary of OUSA’s mandate and values, as well as their current lobbying initiatives, at http://www.ousa.ca/.

Author: USCAdmin

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *